Thursday 2 April 2009

Rejoice! The Blog Is Back,, Days 5,6 and 7

Thank the sweet wifi Lord for letting me blog once more!


It seems the internet powers that be didn't like me downloading copyrighted material "30 Rock / Lost" so they cut me off the other night. I thought it was the machine so I did all sorts of reinstalling but I got through to the right people today and it seems for now.... I am BACK.

Does anyone care? I'm not sure but I do enjoy talking about our (my) time here and all the 'exotic' foods I am eating. So here it is, one blog entryfor 3 days of missed blogging.

Return To The Magic Kingdom (March 31st) was one of those varied days by which we spent the first half by the pool then made a top toasted turkey and cheese salad mega sandwich in the kitchen of our villa followed by a 4pm arrival at the Magic Kingdom. By this time and due to going to the parks on the 4 previous days / staying up late to blog I was totally worn out. However we spent a great few hours in Fantasyland seeing the best of the Disney 3D movies, Mickey's Philharmagic followed by the rides of Winnie the Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Dumbo, Mad Hatter Tea Cups, It's a Small World (we had to really!) and ended the day waiting (for 45 minutes) with huge crowds for the 8.15 'Spectromagic' show. The crowds were huge and during the wait Freya needed the loo and Mrs Rose was a star managing to fight her way through, take Freya then come back with food supplies for the children. It was worth the wait and the crowds - an amazing show comprising of lots of floats all lit up with coloured lights featuring all the usual characters and great orchestral music. We all agreed that this was excellent but decided to leave just before the fireworks - and it was good that we did as not only did we see them from the monorail but we were able to ride with the driver at the very front! Talk about your awesome train driving fantasy! We went pretty fast (or so it seemed at 40mph) and going through the hotel was an experience followed by the kids receiving a co-driver's licence at the end from the very kind driver. Those of you with kids will know how happy a little piece of card can make one's offspring.







We got back to the hotel around 9.45, put the kids to bed and then the grown ups shared some noodles from the previous night's Chinese food - we were tired and it was late! Then I had to have more of that ice cream - and in case I haven't mentioned it before the flavour was vanilla with chocolate brownies and fudge, lush.

STEAK day!
April 1st - we chilled at the pool for half the day with some friends of some friends, and their kids who ours got on well with - and later on went again to the massive outlet mall (Premium Outlets). I bought a cardigan (are they back in vogue?) for $11.99 and a shirt in Gap. Wifey and kids got some stuf too and we made it to the last day of the Ralph Lauren sale - phew. Whilst Gabby did some shopping I took the kids for some sweet treats in... The Fudgery. Muffled teenage guffaws.

I hope the G20 hippies in London didnt cause too much disruption and that they were waved away with the promise of a pot noodle.

OK - so we went to a local eaterie called "Fishbones" with our new friends and their children. The service in this regular restaurant is just unheard of in England unless you pay bloody loads! Our waitress couldn't do enough for us as I gorged on a 17oz New York strip steak. I even sneaked in a few "holiday shrimps" which I shielded the children's religious eyes from. The steak was cooked medium rare and was sublime. Pink in the middle but with no juices running from it at all. Obviously once I had consumed my one lovely cold beer I had about 4 Diet Cokes but as this is the land of the free it was one Diet Coke with 3 free refills. The kids had a top time with our friends' children and their parents were very nice too. We all went to bed about 10pm (not with the parents) and this was maybe a bit too late for the kids as transpired today.

I BELIEVE - in Shamu! (April 2nd)

Today we went to Seaworld which is only 5 mins from here as opposed to 20mins+ for Disney Parks. At this watery wonderland saw the amazing Shamu(s) in a very patriotic and shmaltzy show called Believe (feel free to YouTube it but I'll try to upload a photo or a vid) . It was very enjoyable and we all got wet in the 'soak zone'. We also walked through the "Shark Encounter" which was very cool and then saw a fun pirate show featuring Sea Lions and an otter! As we left we got our tickets stamped so we can pop back for free and at the same time asked Guest Services where a recommended ice cream place was. It just so happened that the "Coldstone Creamery" was very near where a man lived who had lost his keys on a rollercoaster! His nice wife asked if I could take him home, I hesitated for a second then realised these people may not actually kill me, so we took the guy home to get his spare keys etc. He showed me where this slice of ice cream heaven was. What an amazing place - you choose your bits and pieces (oreos, chocolate, nuts, twix, sweets etc) and your ice cream then they hand mix it all on an icy slab and it was yummmmmmy!





We are chilling in the room tonight and eating relatively healthy pasta with fresh garlic bread and parmesan bread crispy things.

Both the kids have a bit of a cold so we're having an early night as tomorrow we're going to the Kennedy Space Centerrr - for a fun full day including our lunch with a real astronaut (I may have mentioned this before to some of you)

I hope the internet people don't ban me again!

Tata for now.

No comments: