Friday 13 June 2008

In touch with my feminine side?

Many friends of mine will say that as far as being blokey is concerned I really am a "bit of a girl" sometimes. Last night was no exception.

Mrs balenolad organised a charity screening of Sex & The City in a local cinema in aid of Prostate Cancer. The committee she's on chooses a different charidee each time (but doesnt like to talk about it).

Even though she was seeing SATC last night the missus couldn't wait and still had to see it on the first day it opened. When she likened it to my love of Star Wars and wanting to see The Phantom Menace the day it opened in 1999 I was forced to laugh in her pretty face. How can you compare a few year wait for a chick's TV show to be turned into a film to an immense 16 year wait for what were potentially going to the be the most amazing prequels ever. Even though they were not.

OK, back to last night. The cinema had 190 seats and it was a sell out. There were about 184 women and I think 6 guys. A few had come by force and there may have been one who actually wanted to see it. Erm. That'll be me. I have always been a fan of the show - I mean, it had nice women in it, lots of rude bits and mainly women's rude bits at that. Who can argue with that? My opinion was always that the end of season six should have been the end - as it was excellent. I wont bore you with the story as that would take me over the edge into womanhood. All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed the film! I walked out after 2h 20m uplifted and happy, which is fine by me.

Today I was 'forced' to download the title song by Fergie as it's quite funky. Does that make me a girl? Should they make another of these films? I dont think so, just leave it now - dont spoil a good thing.

It's almost a shame I dont really 'do' designer labels to keep up with these crazy women (men's clothes in my case of course).

Please excuse me whilst I unbutton the jacket on my M&S suit.

1 comment:

Gaz Maz said...

Any chance of some worthy book reviews soon? I'd love to know what you think of the sacred text Adrian Mole aged 13 3/4.

I think i may start calling you Balenokoffdrop. So who exactly is going to be reading this?? Apart from me your trusty and intelligent friend.

Yours

Gazzman from the Clan of Ax
Warlord Chieften level 143
Owner of the Portal of Non-believers, The Sword of Thriceblade and the Shield of ThunderBladder.